Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Monday, February 11, 2013

First Letter


2/11/2013

Okay so we only get 30 mins of computer time so I'll pack in as much as I can! First few days have been incredible! People say the first week is the hardest but me and Elder Fivas (My companion) have really enjoyed it. When I first walked in the door I checked in and got my name tag and everything. (They didn't even check the immunizations sheet that the website made so much hype about). I sat down and took a language questionnaire then met my district and teacher, Brother Hopoate (cool Tongan guy). My district has 3 elder companionships and 3 Sister companionships. They called me to be the District leader on day 2 after meeting the branch presidency. This calling has been and will be a great opportunity to serve my district. I love my district, they're good elders and sisters. More about Elder Fivas is that he's from Tooele, loves basketball, is hilarious, and is genuine about the gospel. He was in his high school student government and is an all round great guy. He drinks apple juice like someone breaths air. 

The food here really isn't bad. In fact, I love it, especially the buffet part :) Sorry i just accidently sent part of this email early... Anyways, funny thing happened. Me and Elder Fivas didn't have any bedding the first night, haha. Elder Fivas (pronounced "Five Us") had a blanket and pillow so he slept with that. but I just used my overcoat for a blanket and slept on the bare mattress. Another Elder who doesn't usually sleep with a pillow gave me his pillow for that night. I later found out he uses it for his feet. so good thing i used my shirt as a pillow case :) I didn't get much sleep but it was mostly because of excitement and lack of adjustment to going to bed so early. We're supposed to be up by 6:30 but we usually get up by 6:20, 10 mins early! Can you believe that! I think it's definitely been a small miracle that I have been able to get up so early and have had energy for the whole day. I am also feeling much better, just a stuffy nose is all. Unfortunately Elder Fivas might be getting sick, probably from me :(.  

Before I forget! Please send my priesthood line of authority! It's not urgent but they've asked that we all have it. Mondays are my P days.

The Spirit of revelation and the gift of tongues is definitely present here in the MTC. We are already praying in Spanish! Me and Elder Fivas have already taught two 30 minute lessons in Spanish that went very well! Our investigator is Ricarda (teacher pretending to be one of her nonmember friends). But we prepare like she is a real investigator. We have felt the spirit while preparing and teaching her like she was a real investigator; it's incredible. We pray like a dozen times a day and study the gospel and Spanish all day. It's Great!

A few words about my roommates: Elder Fivas (obviously), and Elder Johnson and Elder Peterson. Both Elder Johnson and Peterson are zone leaders that have been here for 7 weeks. They're going to France missions (Paris and Lyon). They're some of the coolest guys I've met.

Only 2 minutes left! Agh! Well, know that I am well taken care of. I've loved it here. I can feel your prayers on my behalf and I sincerely mean that. The impression that my family has prayed for me has never been so prevalent. Also, thank you for the letters and packages! Got to go! Love you all!

Elder Kevin Graf.