After playing a little golf with President Vilches we received
Transfer calls this morning! I'm leaving Dayton!!! :( I never wanted to leave
Dayton! I love it here too much! But, all well, it'll work out. I sure am
grateful for the principle of revelation. It gives me the confidence that
Things happen the way they're supposed to happen out here in the mission
field.
In my words to president...
"If I had it my way I would never leave
Dayton. I'm excited to serve in a new branch, but I'll never forget Dayton. I'm
truly humbled because of what the Lord has allowed me to be a part of here. I
love the people here. They have become everything to me - the branch, the
members, the investigators, everyone. I'm sad to see them go, but I feel like I
will have left on a good note. We had a good week. We completed exchanges with
our English zone leaders and the other Dayton elders. Exchanges have always
been very valuable; there's always a lot to learn from each other. We are
teaching several families that are in the beginning stages of conversion and
they have great potential. This last sacrament meeting had an attendance of 52
(almost double the attendance of other weeks in the past). Elder Foote is a
good missionary. The Lord will show him how to really love the people and he
will be a powerful tool in His hands. It was an incredible experience training
him."
So there we have it. I've learned that me and
another Elder named Elder Clay are the only Spanish Elders getting moved this
transfer - therefore I have a pretty good Idea of where I'm headed to next :)
and it's a really good area, probably second best to Dayton :) But there are
also 4 new Spanish missionaries coming in so nothing is guaranteed. President
called and told me that I'm going to be district leader in the new area and
that I'm going to be training one of the new guys. It's going to be an
adjustment for sure. I fear that I might be put in a tri-companionship. I'll
find out tomorrow!
Sorry there isn't time to tell about this week.
Just know that I loved serving in Dayton. Andrea and Dustin came to church
yesterday again and we were teaching several other families that are doing
well! Sorry got to go! Today is going to be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY trying to pack
everything. We'll see how it goes. Love you all. Have a great time in
Disneyland!
_Elder
GRAF
![]() |
| Random picture of my desk. Lots to study, Lots to learn!!! |
| Hermano Vasquez - He is a convert and he was our branch mission leader. I love him and will miss him. |
