Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Little Basketball Again


This week we continued to teach M… and his future wife, C….  We had a really good lesson teaching them about the atonement. They came to church this Sunday and C… offered to give the closing prayer! It made me so happy! I was shocked that she volunteered. I probably felt like mom and dad did when they were surprised to see me prancing up to the pulpit to bear my testimony for the first time. She prayed, "I didn't know a lot about this church but I'm grateful for it and I want to learn more about the gospel." Definitely one of the highlights of my week. I'm so proud of her! M… has been a really good support for her and both of them continue to read and pray each night. She also makes some amazing sweet bread. Every time we teach them they always offer us some to eat. That really means a lot to us, especially because they don't have a lot.  (When we teach them we sit on the carpet because they don't have chairs.) They are so cool though and I love them. Their faith strengthens mine and Elder Gibb's every time we go over there. I'll try to snag a picture with them this week and send it.

I had Elder Gibb lead out on the majority of the lessons and planning this week and he did a really good job. He's learning really well. He totally experienced the gift of tongues yesterday in one of our lessons after church. It was so cool to see him teach more than he ever has before. The words weren't perfect but they came a lot quicker and smoother than they ever had before. So neat!

A funny thing happened last Saturday. We had just finished inviting one of our investigators to church and were walking back to our car when we saw two teenage guys with a basketball. We talked to them for a second and they invited us to play a quick game with them. We made the bet that if we won they had to let the English missionaries come by. Let it suffice to say that they will be meeting with them this weekend :) I loved to the chance to play a little basketball again; it had been too long since I had played a sport with my hands.

Cool things are happening in the branch. They are gaining more of the missionary spirit. We had a member missionary training for the third hour that went really well. Elder Gibb and I continue to progress and we've been teaching more and more. I know that your prayers have been causing good things for us to happen out here. I love being a missionary!

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!!

Elder Graf





This is Kevin's reaction to seeing pictures of our Graf cousin Christmas party:

I can't believe there's a new person in the family! A Brand new person! What's her name?
Send me some updates on the cousins when you get a chance! Seeing the picture of dad, Mike and Brian reminded me that I have cousins all over the world. Pretty neat that we're all out and about preachin the gospel right now.
Camille and her generation are growing up!
Ashley has a new one as well?!! Wow. Graf family reunions are gaining speed.
 The pictures are so fun to see! thanks for the updates







Be sure to thank the grandparents for their cards and money!
Also thanks for the Joe Joe chocolates - I reluctantly shared them with Elder Gibb :) They were amazing. I got pancake mix and I'm going to whip up some waffles today! Loved my presents! Also Josh's mom, Sister Lamping, sent a pillow case, please tell her thanks!