Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Monday, July 15, 2013

Cincinnati Mission


How is it already July?! These past few months have flown by.
 
Quick Shout out to CHEYENNE and SHAYLEE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And Erin happy birthday in T minus 5 days :) 
 
Also, Congrats Erin on the AP tests! that's huge! (mom and Dad will always doubt that their children can pass AP test but you just have to prove them wrong hahah). **(Disclaimer: We only told him not to take an AP test for a class that he didn't actually take. But even without taking the class, he got a 4. So we were wrong.)  P.S. Several Elders have wanted to write you but I've fought them off hehehe. One even tried to do several favors for me so that he would butter his way into getting our home address but all in vain. Maybe I'm just now getting protective of my sisters. Dear sisters, Stay away from Boys!
 
Thanks mom for the package and letters. I've enjoyed the talks you sent. Okay on to what happened last week....
 
Monday: Played volleyball as a zone for like 3 hours on Pday. Of course I got sunburned. I also forgot to take like any pictures this week... still working on that. But I did take a pic of a "Title of Liberty" that Elder Brown made during study. It looks sweet so I took a picture of it.
 
Tuesday: Did work in Dayton. Helped a Guatemalan named Gustavo feel the spirit.
 
WednesdayWednesday was awesome. We had 5 lessons. It rained big this day. It really pours down here, thus the reason it's so green here. I Love big storms. I'm praying that I'll get to see a tornado sometime during my mission ;)
 
Thursday: Zone Conference. Had an interview with President and Sister Porter. Both are really great people. They told us that me and Elder Brown will be a part of the Cincinnati Mission and that our area basically stays the same! Wahoo! perfect outcome that I wanted :) After the conference we did some more work in Dayton and Huber Heights, which included some weird experiences. A 94 year old Jehovahs witness grandma tried to convert me and Elder Brown. Upon realizing that we weren't going to convert she got desperate, warning us of our wrongs and condemning us if we wouldn't change. She was so old and tried so hard, bless her heart.
 
Friday: We had a good lesson with Fernando. We studied the Book of Mormon with him and I understood 95% of what was said! I walked out of there feeling like a champ. My Spanish was really on the mark Friday.
 
Saturday: Took down a huge tree for service. It was tons of fun. Brother Dunkin does this for a living and told us some interesting facts about trees- their branches are often only as tall as their roots are deep. Theirs probably a parallel to Testimonies in here somewhere.
 
Sunday: Elder Brown and I have both come down with a good fever but we worked through it Sunday and really saw Blessings come because of it.
 
Overall we're staying really busy and we're doing well!
Love You all!!!