Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crazy Week


Holy smokes where do I even start. This week was crazy on so many levels. We just found out about transfer calls literally an hour ago. Elder Brown is leaving the Dayton area and I'm taking over. There are 4 brand, spanking new Spanish Elders coming into the Mission and I'm going to be training one of them. (I don't know who until the transfer meeting tomorrow). But I'm scared and thrilled out of my mind! Me?!?!! I’m supposed to train? I don't even speak the language yet! Oh man I'm just delirious right now. I'm absolutely giddy and terrified at the same time. This is going to make me stretch big time. I'm going to really learn how to pray these next few weeks. This area has been a bit of a pit. Our apartment reeks, but what I mean by pit is that there hasn't been a Spanish baptism in this area for a couple years. President called us while a member (Bro. Bristow, best guy in the world) took us out to lunch. He called and asked me to turn this area around. Oh boy. I'm definitely feeling the heat now but at the same time I can't hardly contain myself. These next few weeks are going to be crazy. I prayed for a tornado and Heavenly Father delivered. God has a good sense of humor. So this transfer had my mind buzzing a hundred miles an hour, but I'll try to give a run down on a couple other things that happened since last email. (By the way I got over my fever really quickly and am back to full energy again, thank you everyone for the prayers I know you offered on my behalf).

A little about investigators: Fernando and Maria are busy as ever with work and haven't been able to make it to church. Sheila's father is sick and going to pass away soon and she is preoccupied with that but she is still solid and is going to be baptized hopefully in the coming month or two. We've been doing work with less actives in the branch. We had a priest age man come out teaching with us a couple times and now he's thinking about going on a mission! BOOYEAH. Also there's a young couple (one's a less active and the other isn't a member) that we've been reading the Book of Mormon with and now they're wanting to participate in church again!!! Power to the Book of Mormon! Another family, The T family, are looking like promising investigators. They might need time but the father of the family has already read all the introduction and first five chapters! The miracles that I've been seeing here because of the Book of Mormon have just been awesome. The spiritual power that those pages give us is crucial. The Book of Mormon isn't just another book, it's the word of God and the pathway to allowing so many blessings into our lives. May I never go a single day for the rest of my life without studying from that precious record of scripture. All of you must do the same! Heavenly Father gives us so much, we owe it to Him to spend a couple minutes every day at least to study the revelation and instruction He's given to us.

Okay so last Saturday was interesting. We were doing service at a member's house. They had 30 trees cut down for them, a small forest I know. They need help doing clean up work. So Elder Brown and I were on the job bright and early in the morning. We were having ourselves a joyous time wielding axes and chopping branches. It was great fun all until Elder Brown chopped into his lower right calf with the ax. I ran and grabbed a towel to put pressure on the wound. 911 was dialed. Sister Brown (name of the member whose house we were at) took over holding the bloody towel to Elder Brown's leg while Brother Holly (neighbor) and I gave him a blessing. Paramedics arrived and then wheeled us off to the E.R. where Elder Brown received about 15 to 20 stitches. Surprisingly the E.R. was quick and we were out 3 hours later. Elder Brown now has a sore leg and a nasty scar to show for it. I was quick thinking and took pictures to document the happening. Some pics are kind of gross so I'll send those to dad first haha. But hooray for my third trip to the E.R.!!!

Well I sure love you all! I have the best family in the world. I truly feel blessed to have the background I have. Thanks Mom and Dad for everything. This is Christ’s church. I know it is. I'm so humbled to represent Him. Thank you always for your prayers.

-Elder Kevin Graf

A cute family they are working with.


Paramedics in action


In the E.R.





Warning! Gruesome pictures ahead.







Yikes!!

Ouch!!