Well, believe it or not but I filled the memory card for my camera
and I'm now using the second one you sent with me. The only problem with the
second one is that it's not letting me send pictures for some reason. So I'll
have to figure that out later. But how should I send the first memory card home
without it getting damaged like Kameron's?
Quick tribute to Brother Bristow. The man is full of charity.
He's always taking care of us. He picked us up and took us out to lunch as a
welcome-home-to-Dayton present. And in the process he saved me and Elder Taylor
from getting robbed in the Ghetto of west side Dayton. We had tried to contact
an investigator and we were waiting for Bro. Bristow to pick us up when a
couple home owners threatened to beat and rob us. (side story within a side
story, Elder Taylor did lose his wallet on the bus and within 20 seconds it was
taken... sad day) No worries though. It was never at any point an intense
situation. We were merely getting yelled at because these guys thought we were
trying to do a drug deal. "Really? Missionaries doing a drug deal? Come on
guys." Those were my thoughts that actually turned into words... But
anyways we walked away and Brother Bristow picked us up and saved the day. Also,
big news is that we are going to the TEMPLE this Wednesday as a zone!!!!! And
who's driving us? None other than Bro. Bristow. He also drove to our apartment
last night to make sure he knew where it was and dropped off some
homemade chocolate éclairs. LIFE COMPLETE. I might have a man crush on him.
Back to missionary work. I don't have much time, like always.
But the run down is that I love this branch and my companion and I'm learning a
lot. We're getting pretty good at finding people on the bus. We set a mission
record at 38 new investigators for one area in a week. While all this finding
is great, we now just need to start focusing on powerful teaching and involving
the members. It was pretty neat to go to the baptismal service of T. R.
He was the first guy that Elder Taylor talked to on the bus before he
referred him to the other Elders. What a difference that 2 minute
conversation has made in his life. I also may have found my own T. R.
His name is C... and we gave him a Book of Mormon and he won't stop texting us
about how great it is. Yes C..., The Book Of Mormon is awesome as it gets. His
nickname is Stretch. Anyways, no time to explain but so many miracles are
happening. I Love being a missionary.
Glad to hear you are all doing well. I'm sorry that you have a
son/brother that is the absolute worst at typing and writing
or communicating for that matter. Emailing is the most frustrating part of
the week simply because words don't do justice to all the experiences I'm
having and all that I'm learning. I do know that the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints really is just that - the Church established by Jesus
Christ himself in these Last days, the very kingdom in preparation for his
coming again. I Love Him and will always do my best to follow Him. I know that
the decisions we make today are of utmost importance and that we need to
maintain an eternal perspective on things. I also know that "men are that
they might have joy." So let us make sure that we are enjoying the gospel,
and truly living for the fullest of it's blessings.
Love you all, be safe, play hard, work smart, stay happy. Until
next week!
Elder
Graf