Tell Camille Happy Birthday for me!!! Dating and driving, what a
crazy stage of life she is entering in to. I feel like I will have to re-learn
how to do both of those after my mission haha. I'm not sure but I could
see president leaving me in this area for the rest of my mission. Exciting
stuff with the rest of the family! I think we forget how cool it is to do the simple
things, like family gatherings, youth camps, or even driving around. But
when you're a missionary every once in a while you have to remind yourself
that those things existed and will exist haha. That's why I mentioned that I'll
probably need someone to teach me how to drive again. After walking for several
months, which I actually enjoy, you forget what it's like to be in a vehicle
haha. Simple things like that.
Sorry this is going
to be a super short one! Things are going well! They really are! Little
miracles have been happening. One of our investigators told us that her
husband, who has ignored us in the past, is now talking about bringing the
family to church! We also had a good handful of people come to church yesterday.
Unfortunately the G…'s and C…. weren't a part of that group but we'll get them
there next time, they are just going through some opposition, which is to be
expected as you get them closer and closer to baptism. We taught C… the Word of
Wisdom and Sabbath day last week and he accepted them both and overall has been
doing great. (Granted he didn't come to church yesterday so we'll have to
remind him to do that next Sunday haha) But he will probably be baptized by the
end of this month! It was also super cool to sit down with this guy named M…. M…
is a smart, talented, and well off man that hasn't been to church in a few
years. But we talked over the phone and met up with him at the church Wednesday
evening and we just talked. He told us that he wants to come back. And,
well, he did! He was there at church yesterday! We also had a couple
other less active members come yesterday that haven't come in a while so
we are super happy about that. It's ironic because at the beginning of church
there was no investigator and no less active there. I was thinking, "Oh
great, nobody is here." But God was like "don't worry, they're
coming, they're just going to be 15 minutes late." And so it was.
About a quarter after everyone came. It was quite a relief to say the
least. Anyway, life is good. My companion and I are good, a little under
the weather but good :) And of course the members are just great and the
church is true and you love me and I love you too :D You are in my prayers!
Until next time!
Elder
Graf
One
of our investigators named V… is studying to become a chef and he made us
some bomb crepes before we taught them about the atonement :) He and his
dad are the coolest people ever.
We had Spanish zone meeting a week or so ago and we
all signed this Shredder 350. It is symbolic of us shredding our doubts about
the limits of Spanish work and exercising the language of Faith in the Lord
Jesus Christ! YEEHAW!
We had dinner at the Bishop's (Bro Bishop is the second
counselor, not the bishop, really confusing I know). They had this parrot
thing that bites you! It was on my shoulder for 5 seconds before it bit me
right in the skin of my neck. Pretty terrifying experience actually. The bird
made like he was going to leap from me to Elder Garcia but Elder Garcia
just screamed, flailing his arms and ran away. So it didn't land on
him, but Elder Garcia had scared it so bad that it pooped a little bit on
him. haha