Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Go and Do


It was great to talk to everyone yesterday. Before we know it it'll be Christmas and we'll be talking again. Happy Mother's Day again! Mom, I love you tons. You've taught me the incredible principles of strength, love, faith, and hard work. Just like a true pioneer-spirited mother! Know that I'm well taken care of out here. This is best experience I've ever had. I'm growing tremendously in so many ways. Thank you for all your prayers and know that they are answered. Know that I'm healthy, safe, and happy.

Cool pictures! It's crazy to see pictures of everyone. Basically everyone looks the same except Camille looks a little older and Rachel's hair is more brown than I remember. I'm super excited for Kolby. He's going to be great for the people of London. I’m not sure why but I just think that mission fits him so well. I'll have to pinch out some time for emails to Kolby and the cousins overseas; might as well save a couple bucks like you suggested.

Well, well. I'm trying to send pictures but it's not working. So until Elder Brown shows me how to work his card reader I shall publish a scriptural thought :D but before I do that I just want to say it was awesome to talk to you all yesterday. It was a little weird but it was also so cool to actually hear your voices. Keep up the good gospel livin' :)

Okay so look up 1 Nephi 3:7 The famous "Go and Do" scripture. It says that God has prepared a way for us to keep EVERY COMMANDMENT. Do we really believe that? Because in verses like 3 Nephi 12:48 we also read that we are commanded to be PERFECT. How can we be perfect? What is the way prepared that we might fulfill this commandment? Well, here's where I like the wording in D and C 19:19 (read D and C 19:15-19). It talks about The Atonement. But when Christ completes the infintite sacrifice He doesn't say He finished the work and the glory, He doesn't say he finished our salvation, He doesn't even say He finished the Atonement. What He says is that He "finished my PREPARATIONS unto the children of men." Interesting word choice. Christ has prepared the way for us to be perfected, it is up to us to finish and fulfill this commandment. It is up to us to Go and Do, to Believe in Him, to put our faith in Him, to use and apply the power of the Atonement in our lives.

So there ya have it, a correlation between a few scriptures that I thought was pretty thought provoking. Study these scriptures, bake some cookies and... WHOALA! Family Home Evening is already figured out for tonight. !!!LES AMO!!!

 
Kevin thought this truck with all of the toys stuck to it was "quite hilarious!"