Ohio Columbus Mission February 2013 to June 2013
Ohio Cincinnati Mission July 2013 to February 2015

Monday, May 6, 2013

WAHOOOOO! First Investigator at Church!


WAHOOOOO! First Investigator at Church! The Ecuadorian came! He was originally going to ditch Ohio (and move to Connecticut or back to Ecuador) and buy a plane ticket to leave today. His life was in the pits and he had nothing to stay for so he was planning to run from it all. But, Elder Brown and I sat down beside him, on a curb outside his restaurant, and bore our testimonies like never before. I don't think I have ever so earnestly, so sincerely shared my testimony about the Atonement of Jesus Christ than sitting there on the curb. He smoked while telling us of all this pain that he'd been suffering. And you could see it in his face, he was exhausted, he was quitting, he wanted to just run. But we told him that the only way to be fully healed is the Atonement, is Jesus Christ. I bore testimony to him, and then we sat in silence for a few moments letting the spirit work on all of us. He sealed his commitment to come to church and we left him with a word of prayer. Such a cool experience. It's vivid in my mind. LOVE IT. Missionary work is awesome; it's unreal.

    Before I forget to tell you, after transfers we found out that we are staying put, which is just what we expected. We get to keep working in the Dayton area! They are also splitting the mission right through Dayton so if I’m still in this area come July it will be a toss up as to which mission I end up in (Cincinnati or Columbus). We also just found a promising investigator. She seems pretty prepared and we're so excited for her! We've been trying to visit her recently to invite her to a baptismal service that's soon, but every time we've been over she's had music on so loud that she couldn't hear us knocking haha. So we've been leaving post-it sticky notes and she's been replying through the sticky notes. One of these times we'll hopefully catch her in a quiet part of her music.

  Well I'll talk to you all this next Sunday! Love you all! ADIOS.

Elder Kevin Graf